Friday, May 9, 2008

New addiction

Thanks to my "FRIEND" who shall remain nameless (Andree Cespedes Arendt) I am now addicted to this game called Funny Farm. http://shygypsy.com It's a word association game.

While pondering the possible connection between Barney and Dino from the Flintstones, it occured to me that DINO was short for DINOsaur. Yes folks, it was a light bulb moment for me, probably one of many I'll share here.

I should warn you that reading this blog may likely make you wonder how, exactly, I managed to graduate from college, pass the CPA exam, and hold down a steady job for 17 years, while also managing not to inflict major damage upon myself, my property, or others. OK, well, there was that one time I backed into a pole with my car and almost brought down a whole parking canopy, but that was ONE TIME.

In fact there are many times that my husband looks at me and says things like "HOW did you pass the CPA exam?", or just shakes his head and mumbles something under his breath that sounds a lot like "it's like living with Rainman"...

I'll admit it. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake. But it makes every day special. Learning is fun!

2 comments:

Andree Arendt said...

Shygypsy has a shorter puzzle if you go to http://shygypsy.com/az/p.pl

It's called A to craZy. There are no instructions, but it's at least short. Once you're done with those, look up Submachine. There, now you won't have time to miss World of Warcraft. Or have time to sleep...

But really, all of these game, CHEAT. Otherwise you will waste a summer instead of a month. I need some new puzzles.

Sarah said...

Ummm, I'm embarrased to say that I never made the Dino-Dinosaur connection until I read your blog. But then again, I'm the girl who would pass an ice cream stand in Pennsylvania and tell Chris how busy they were all the time. Soooo many cars in the parking lot! It wasn't until he was with me one day and he said, "Sarah, that's a car lot". Who knew? They were right next to one another.