Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Embarrasing...

Just flipping through Baton Rouge's "premier" local monthly magazine...

In an article about how you should develop your own "secret family language" so strangers won't listen in on your conversations:
" My daughter and my knowledge of French is so weak that French is not a good choice for us."
Really? Is English?

Now here on page 36 is a recipe for "Watermellon slushies".

And in an article about discovering how great the magazine is:
"I may even learn where to buy that bikini I saw on the cover...it was cute and looked like one I had ions ago."
I agree, you seem to have lost some "ions"...

Which reminds me of one of my all-time favorite jokes:
A little ion walks into a bar, crying. Asks the bartender "Have you seen my electron? I think I lost it here". Bartender says "Sorry, no. Are you sure it's missing?" Little ion says "Yes! I'm positive!"



No comments: