Sunday, November 30, 2008

On episodes we hope to avoid repeating

At Christmas every year I take off at least a couple of week. After about 2 days I get bored, and then I start baking like a crazy woman. Last year I did this in 2 days:





Well if I've learned one thing over the years, it's to put away everything edible so Greta can't get to it. Of course, sometimes I forget (she got an entire new bag of Pecan Sandies Thursday, man I really wanted one of those with my coffee this morning...).

But who would've thought that FLOUR would be attractive? So after carefully filling every non-accessible nook and cranny with the things I thought she would like (nuts, chocolate, ginger, etc), I confidently left the house for some reason or another.

And returned to find this:


And then followed the trail of flour to the water bowl. Now we all know what happens when we mix flour and water, right?

So then I followed the trail of GLUE to find this:



And then Greta and I had a long discussion while I washed and cut the glue out of her fur. Boy it was fun. And so this Christmas while I'm baking, Greta will be enjoying the day in her CRATE.

No comments: