Saturday, November 29, 2008

Return to World of Warcraft: Geekdom Revisited

Conversation @ dinner two weeks ago:

Me: How are the guys you are raiding with? (Jason is playing Warhammer Online)
Jason: OK
Me: I miss WOW. (World of Warcraft) Is your new game like WOW?
Jason: It's more oriented towards Player vs. Player and there aren't as many quests.
Me: But is there treasure? And presents?
Jason: No, and there's no dancing, and you can't have pets.
Me:[Looking @ him, stunned that someone would WANT to play a game with no dancing, pets, presents, or treasure...]
Jason: There's a war going on. We don't have time for that crap.

We are nerds, we take our games seriously.

And thus, Blizzard's marketing department once again sucked me in. You evil, evil, bastards. The newest expansion came out a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't broken down and bought that. But I am still able to take advantage of a lot of the new upgrades, like now there are beauty shops where you can get your "hurr did"! And flying carpets! And new pets!

It's silly, and fun, and addictive. We'll see how long until I get sick of it again...

1 comment:

DCshutrbug said...

My new laptop came with trial version of a bunch of stupid games I could never possibly enjoy. Except a particularly stupid one called Super Granny. SG finds the lost kitties, waters the flowers, and beats off the gnomes. It is so dumb, and I am so missing it after my two free trial games. Now if I want to play I have to pay $19.99 for the game OR for just $6.99 a month for a minimum of 12 months I get that one for free. Hmmm...I think I'll just go back to my Christmas cards. I am not a serious gamer anyway, but you probably already figured that out.