Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dinner @ Ben & Andree's

(painting of their house done by Andree's Grandmother)

Andree cooked dinner for me one evening a couple of weeks ago when I was in NOLA. Yummy hot cheesy melty veggie wraps and tomato soup. She also finished my slip, took care of the baby, got the other 2 kids to bed, talked to me about 100 books....she's Super Mom. OK well Ben helped with the kids, too but she's still Super Mom.
;P
Anyway I could spend hours looking through their books and at their artwork. Their house is the cutest New Orleans creole cottage. Blue with purple doors. The inside of the house is amazing and bright and cheery and vibrant. It fits them perfectly.


They have great art. This is a piece that they bought in an auction of children's art from the kids' school. Look closely - it's actually made up of torn up post-it notes that the kids used for notes in social studies class.








Lucy is walking around like crazy. She knows all her animal sounds (she pants when you ask her what a puppy says). And Andree taught her to say "Turtle". However, she will only say "Turtle" over the microphone attached to the kids' karaoke machine. And she says it very dramatically "TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE". It's too cute.

Zachary had just gotten home from soccer, homework was done, and the kids spent the evening making really cool things out of clay, of which I forgot to take pictures.

I'm glad I'm finally making myself get out of my hotel room. I get way too reclusive, and I don't even realize how much I miss my friends. Thanks Arendt family!!

1 comment:

Andree Arendt said...

Awww! Thank you! Come back over whenever! Dang my house is bright.