Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sinus Schminus

For the last couple of months I have been feeling non-energetic, achy, and unmotivated.  I chalked it up to the move, traveling for work, being overwhelmed at work....blah blah blah.  At the same time, a lymph node in my neck kept swelling and waning, swelling and waning.  My ears were tingly. My eyes have been killing me.  I was sure my eyes were just strained.    Thursday I started feeling really bad.  Friday a little better until I got home. Then Saturday, BAD.  

I'm quite anti-doctor for colds and such.  I want my body to fight off whatever it can fight off by itself.  I can usually sleep off minor bugs.  I am worried about taking antibiotics and contributing to the development of antibiotic resistance illnesses.  But I was worried about that lymph node, so I drug myself to urgent care this morning.

The doctor says "raging sinus infection".  One ear is super red, the other ear has blood at the base of my ear drum.  My eyes look awful. I'll be taking a round of antibiotics and hopefully I'll start feeling better and get motivated to resume my morning walks!  In the meantime, here are some pics I took on my walk last Tuesday, to remind me how much I love getting out there and exploring this new place. 

More pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/sks84821/April19#



No comments: