Saturday, August 20, 2011

Living Room

The living room in the new house is...interesting.  Long, narrow, and dark, dark brown. We have no living room furniture (long story) except the giant armoire and the media console we got with the new bedroom set.  We knew this would be the first room we painted, because we don't really love the brown, and because it's really the only room that needs painting.  We love the colors in the other rooms.  
The first week we were here in the new house, we took several walks down to the beach. And in those first walks we found these amazing shells and Jason suggested immediately that we use the colors in them for the living room. 
It's not a perfect picture, you can't really see the greens and blues in the sheen on the shells, but you get the idea.  So FINALLY, after (literally) months of looking, we have actually ordered furniture and can stop driving our family and friends nuts about that.  But now we are on the hunt for the perfect ORANGE, which is not as easy as it sounds. 
Here is what the inside of my brain looks like right now:

I think we've narrowed it down to one of the three big patches below, but of course there's a hitch.  I created that middle tone (which is the only one I actually like).  It's not a real color from a store and therefore it will be hard to recreate.  Well we'll see.  Color matching technology is supposed to be Soooooo much better these days...


 So anyway here's the final design idea. I took a shot at using photoshop to create a MOOD BOARD for the first time in my life ever.  (I know right - a PLAN?  ME?  WTH? Jason is rubbing off on me maybe.)  
I am ready to get the living room painted for sure, but technically I have 6-8 weeks before the furniture gets here. But I sure as hell can't do anything OUT OF DOORS in the 150 degree summer, so I might as well paint. 

No comments: