Friday, August 19, 2011

Orange on the brain

What am I doing during these dog days of summer (besides working/traveling for work)? 
  • Googling the origin of "dog days"
  • Listening to books about serial killers and/or mexican poets
  • Floating in my 10 foot inflatable pool (when I'm ever home)
  • Trying to see my niece as much as possible before she turns around and asks to borrow my car
  • Listening to ADELE over and over (And Florence and the Machine, and Simone Dinnerstein)
  • Obsessing over stuff on Pinterest
  • Trying to pick furniture and the perfect ORANGE for the new living room
  • Thinking also about colors for Kaylin's room @ our house, and I'm thinking my studio will need a new color too of course.
  • Feeling guilty about not gardening.  It's too freaking hot, kthanx. 
  • Taking an on-line sketchbook class with my Mom!  It's fun, but I'm only through lesson 3.  I am supposed to be locating an object to draw a million times in a million different ways, but I can't decide on one.
  • Have I ever mentioned what a problem I have making decisions about stuff?   (mainly stuff I need to buy - like furniture.  Or a watch, which I obsessed about for 2 years and had to look at every available watch now being produced or ever having been produced before I decided.  Also, I had a $200 limit on that purchase, and I rarely wear it because a>  I can look at my phone if I need to know what time it is and b> I clinks on my computer keyboard and that bugs me.)
  • Hoarding stuff for this blog and then being too lazy to blog it.
  • Staying up 'til the wee hours and sleeping late. 
  • Experimenting with new sleep meds my new Dr. wants me to try instead of Ambien.  So far, it's a BUST and right now (as we speak) I'm about to take 1/2 a xanax at 1:42am in order to have the slightest chance of sleep tonight.   

No comments: