Monday, September 12, 2011

Antique store SCORE!

I've been looking for my new favorite antique stores since I moved to the coast, and so far I've been disappointed.  All the stores I have visited thus far are too small with too little inventory, way too expensive, or both.

Saturday, after leaving the Saefood Festival,  I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go look at lamps way over in Gulfport, but I headed over there anyway.  Then I decided no, I didn't want to go over there, so I turned around to go home down some back roads, and THERE IT WAS.  A big fat antique mall. 

Now usually I only like antique malls occasionally.  They often have too much crafty stuff, new JUNK, etc.  But this was featured a big sign on the side that said "BOOKLAND", so I couldn't resist. 

JACKPOT.  No junk, No crafts, reasonable to cheap prices. 

My first score was SIX vintage library books on gardening.  OOOOh I'm super excited about these.  It's been awhile since I found any good garden books, and these should keep me occupied for quite awhile. 


My second score was SIX vintage necklaces and a pendant.  I'm forever looking for vintage jewelry and I never find anything I like.  Literally, I haven't found a piece in like 20 years.  These were fun, cheap, and even CHEAPER because the vendor was there and cut me a deal on every piece.  


Total for six hard-back books, six necklaces, and a cool pendant?  $48!  I'm happy with that! 



1 comment:

Draggon said...

You must tell me where this is. I'm always looking for a good joint when I'm down there.