Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tulip Street

Jason asked me the other day if I missed Baton Rouge.  There are things I miss....my garden friends, my neighbors, my own garden, my credit unions, my coworkers.  But a lot of the things I miss most about Baton Rouge aren't there any more.  Fiona and Greg, sitting on the porch solving the world's problems and smooching up their babies, Peggy, my partner in crime of many sorts, Mac and Jill and our standing weekly date to watch Lost  or a really cheesy movie.  There really was nothing like Tulip Street in the early 2000's.  I swear one day I will write a book about the fun, hilarious, and heartbreaking incidents of those years. 


In the meantime, I am thrilled that the tenants in our house are awesome.  Taking extra good care of the house and garden.  And the house is still full of the pitter patter of 4 legged babies.  Here are my tenants' babies, Lula and Marty.  So sweet and cute!













 

The garden is looking great there.  I'm very happy with the way things are growing and maturing, coming back year after year.  Most thrilling is the Lisbon Lemon tree, which is LOADED with lemons right now!  I picked a few last week when we went to check on the house.  These lemons are HUGE and DELICIOUS.  Very sweet, just the right amount of tart. 

Can you believe this is how it looks in the middle of January?  It's crazy!  We've had a very mild winter.  I'll add a Picasa album link over on the right sidebar so you can see more of it, but I won't be able to until I get home to my personal computer next weekend. 

No comments: