Saturday, March 2, 2013

Popcorn -Best Tip from Pinterest Ever

I am a popcorn addict.   I REALLY don't like microwave popcorn though because I can just feel all the grease and preservatives coating my esophagus and killing me slowly.  I mean don't get me wrong, I still EAT it, I just wasn't very proud of it.

Enter the most phenom. tip ever from pinterest.

 Get some brown paper lunch bags and some plain popcorn kernels.








Put 1/4 cup of kernels into the paper bag. Fold the top of the bag over 2 times, like this:


Put the bag in the microwave.  I usually do the quick cook for 2 minutes, but then it slows down popping at about 1:35 and I stop it.  The point is, listen for it to be almost done.  It WILL burn if you let it.







Open the bag.  Be careful - there's still steam from the liquid inside the kernels.


Beautiful, right?  Melt some butter with those remaining seconds and drizzle it on if you want.  I personally consider popcorn merely a vehicle to get butter and salt into my body, so I for sure do.






I have AWESOME luck with this method.  It pops almost every kernel, and if I pay attention I never burn it.  It's SO much healthier than the microwave bags with all that crap in them.   Also - WAY cheaper.

You're welcome :)

P.S. this is Rikki's #. Well, it's the next closest # to Rikki's #.  Thanks! This is fun!

No comments: