Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hudson's Treasure Hunt Haul

Over the past year, I have become obsessed with makeup guru videos on The YOUtube.  Why?  I have no idea.  I wear makeup, but not very well, and not a lot, and only under duress (aka any time I'm forced to put on a bra and leave the house).  I think they have the same appeal to me that jewelry television does.  The hosts are funny.  Entertaining.  And when I'm sitting in hotel rooms (already almost 60 nights this year - hooray for me ), listening to people talk to me about general mundane things makes me feel less isolated. 

It's goofy.  So sue me. 

Anyway, some of their yapping must have rubbed off on me, because I have been trying some new products. Not the expensive ones, of course, because I'm cheap like that, and I'm not ready to commit.  Luckily there are some supercheap products out there that the gurus love, so I've picked some of those up.

The one rather expensive thing I've wanted to try is the NAKED palette from Urban Decay.  The colors ARE awesome, and all the gurus talk about how great the color "payoff" is.  Now I'm a makeup nerd that knows what "payoff" means. 

But it's $50.  And again, I just can't commit.  I looked at it again at Ulta yesterday, and refrained. 

Enter Hudson's Treasure Hunt. 

I stopped on my way home from Jackson today at the one in Hattiesburg, and they obviously bought out a target.  They had a ton of ELF products, which I think are only sell there. The gurus love these.  The Targets in D'iberville, Jackson, and Hattiesburg have been out of everything EVERY time I have checked.  They are cheap to begin with ($1ish), and Hudson's had them 50% off. They supposedly have great PAYOFF.

 So...I got one of everything they had.  Now I have some colors at least similar to the NAKED palette to play with.







And then on my way out, I saw 4 bins of jewelry.  LAWD I don't need jewelry, but I'm obsessed. This was fun, modern, sparkly, crystal-y, colorful, GOLD-tone (which I have very little of, actually).  I mean it's not the BEST jewelry in the world, but it's CUTE.  AND 90% OFF!!!!!

90%!!!!!!!  Of an already REALLY marked down price. 

                                                                                                 Here are some of the actual price tags:   
And because I couldn't decide what to get, again, I got it all.  ALL OF THE THINGS (well most of the things). I even bought 2 of one necklace.  Anyone want the dupe?  And here's (most of) what all I bought:   

Now before you go thinking I'm MADE OF MONEY,  let me tell you that I got all that makeup, all this jewelry, 2 large boxes of metamucil single serving packs (yes, I'm over 40. Don't judge me. Haven't you seen CRAZY PEOPLE?  "Metamucil.  If you don't drink it, you'll get colon cancer and die"?)   Some Zimm's Crack spray (for my heels.  I walk barefooted too much), AND some $16ish bedhead sulfate free shampoo AND two packs of gum.  The total?

$45.17
 
Now that's what I call a haul, y'all.  Let me know if you want to borrow a necklace or 6.  I have them in all shapes, sizes, colors and links. 
 


3 comments:

Draggon said...

I'd wear any of that jewelry. Ya did good grasshopper!

Mcoleman3687 said...

I previously went to Hudson's Salvage Center in Ridgeland (last week). They had tons of makeup such as lipsticks, lip stains, eye shadow, lip gloss, balms, mascara, concealer, etc. Some of the brands I purchased were N.Y.C, Revlon, Covergirl, L'OREAL, and Rimmel. I did purchase some duplicates because the deal was fill up a bag for $1! I purchased 2 full bags!

Spickens said...

oooh Mcoleman, sounds like a great deal! Maybe I'll check the Hudson's down here on the coast and see if they have the same thing.