Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sophia Fan Club Applications Now Being Accepted

Y'all know I'm obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD).  The summer season just started and I am SO HAPPY.   I am also, however, totally obsessed with this kid, Sophia Lucia.  You may have seen her on Dance Moms, and apparently she was also on as a guest once on Dancing With the Stars, although I don't watch that one because I think it's stupid.  I want to see REAL dancers, not Kate Gosslin trying to dance.  Ugh.  

Sophia Lucia.  She's 10 years old.  I loved her on Dance Moms, but in the past year she has just LEAPED in skill and is now this incredible, strong, emotional, magical thing.  She's the Mozart of dance.  The Pascal.  The....well you get it.  A SAVANT of DANCE.  Right now SYTYCD is showing auditions, and I keep finding myself thinking "Well she's good, but she's no Sophia Lucia."  I can't imagine how amazing she will be as a grown up dancer. 

For example, I don't know that I've ever seen anything more beautiful than THIS DANCE from a few months ago. She reminds me so much of Melanie Moore (winner of SYTYCD Season 8). 

Or this:THIS, where she dances in Red Riding Hood.  UGH it kills me. 

And I'm really not a tap fan much at all, but check THIS out.

I can't wait to see what this little girl accomplishes in her life.  Yes, I will be stalking her!  Maybe I'll start a fan club. 

No comments: