Saturday, June 8, 2013

Yes. It's not Christmas

But I still haven't put away my Christmas village.  I'm WORKING on it, cut me some slack.  It's colorful and happy and I love it so much.  Every time I look at it, I see something new.  And so I decided that since I am always looking for sketchbook inspiration, that I would take the time to draw each and every one.  I'm crazy like that, but it's letting me focus on and enjoy some of the little details. 


Like for example, the little drawing of Santa and his reindeer under all the snow on the roof of the little blue cottage. 













I was never looking for a Christmas village at all, but when I saw 5 pieces of it at HUDSON'S in McComb years ago, I wigged out, because it has tons of snowmen on it and I was at the height of my snowman collecting phase (From which I have now thankfully recovered).   I immediately made my Mom buy it for me because they didn't take credit cards back then and I NEVER carry cash.  Don't worry, I paid her back.  We keep track of our receipts pretty well. 

A year or two later, I found the matching red Chalet in T.J. Maxx. 














I THINK there is one yellow piece I am missing, but I have never been able to find any information about any of the pieces on-line. And y'all know how I am about not having completed sets of things.  I even emailed the company once (Russ), and their response was "hmm...looks like one of our retired lines". Uh, thanks. That is surprisingly UNHELPFUL.



 
 
This Christmas I was feeling particularly artsy so I bleached, dyed, and decorated a bunch of Christmas trees for the village.  That was SUPER FUN and I'll tell y'all how I did that soon.  I LOVE how they turned out, even though my fingers ended up being blue and green for about a week.

 
So...yeah.  If you know anything about this village or how I can get more info on it, I would LOVE that.  If you want to just go ahead and mail me the yellow one I (may be) missing, feel free :)  In the meantime, I'm having fun sketching them and then packing them away for another year.   

No comments: