Friday, September 6, 2013

New Errrrings

Last night I ran by my new friend Vickie's house with my realtor/ friend Billie who had, earlier in the evening, dragged me to my very first ever real-live yoga class, which was AWESOME.  I loved it.  LOVED.  I feel so stretched!  It was yoga for serious beginners, and there were only 4 people there besides the instructor, so no need to feel embarrassed or intimidated.  PLUS it's right around the corner from my house so I can walk there.  I'm stoked.

So anyway then we ran by Vickie's, where Billie made the mistake of showing me the new JEWELRY Vickie has been making and omg I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!  It's metals and pearls and copper and metal enamels that she burns onto the copper with some sort of alchemical process, and it's pretty and funky and feminine and a little rock and roll. 

I bought a pair of earrings, but I saw about 20 other things I wanted.  It's hard to get a good picture of earrings when they are attached to your head.  Did you know that?  But I tried, because I wanted you to see how cool they are along with today's Kameleon necklace/pop.  So not the best pic, but you get the idea.



She is selling her pieces on Etsy:     Vickie's Etsy Shop.  I know she is also planning to be at the Peter Anderson festival.  That is, of course, unless I purchase her entire inventory before then.

LAWD save me from my jewelry obsession. 


No comments: