Monday, January 20, 2014

January 2014 SIDB

(Note the fancy new acronym  for this recurring type of post - SIDB.  Formerly known as Shit I Didn't Buy.)

I recently hit one of my favorite places on earth- the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby (or as my Mom and I call it, "Hobb Lobb".)  My Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby one evening about 15 years ago and both of the lighted "y"''s on the sign were out.  "Hobb Lobb" is was and "Hobb Lobb" it shall remain.

Anyway.  Hobb Lobb. (As it shall be known henceforth).   Here are some things I DID NOT BUY:

#1:  Pre-melted Birthday Candles


 #2 A game called "That's Baloney", that is shaped like "Baloney", and refers to it's own questions as MEATY.  As a periodically recurring vegetarian, and a firm non-ground-processed meat-eater (ground meat free for 30 years!  For reals!)  this game makes is a little queasy.
#3 A Wood Carver's Starter Kit.  Do I need to explain this one? I was, however, tempted to get this for my friend Sally, who shares me love (loathing) of unfinished wood.
And #4 - A mini punch in the shape of a.....anyone?  Bueller?  What the heck is this supposed to be?!  Actually I think this was at Michael's, but whatevs.














I DID buy some pretty awesome art stuff, which I will show you in another post.  I am having WAY TOO MUCH FUN playing with all this art stuff, some of which I have had for YEARS and have never used.  Now if I could just win the lottery so I can stay home and do this full time....
 

No comments: