Monday, December 12, 2016

The Things I Have To Put Up With (or: The Things Up With Which I Have to Put?)

My Mother is the sweetest, kindest, Mommy in the world. Obvi.  She is a little OCD about some things, including the "even-ness" of Christmas gifts to people of similar status (e.g. my husband, me, my brother, his wife). I guess most people are.  It's cool, I get it.  Right now, she needs hints to round out Jason's Christmas.  I thought he wanted headphones, but now he says maybe not.  I told him he needed to give me some hints to give Mom.  Here is a selection of the oh-so-helpful things he sent me: 

So, yeah.  In case you do not know my Mom, let me assure you these are NOT helpful hints.  I don't think I have ever even heard her say the words "Pee" or "Poo". 

She did, however, giggle a little when I shared them with her :)  Much like she did when we forced her to watch Bad Santa.  That whole movie went like this:

Mom: teehee teehee (very-quiet-trying-hard-to-suppress-it-giggle)
Mom: "THIS IS SO STUPID WHY DO YOU LIKE THIS??
Mom:  teehee teehee (very-quiet-trying-hard-to-suppress-it-giggle)
Mom: "THAT WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER I CAN'T BELIEVE Y'ALL WATCH THAT"

She'd never in a million years admit she found any of this remotely amusing, but trust me there is a good sense of humor hidden under that Southern Belle shell :)

No comments: