Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008


Was awesome! Nobody was sick. Jason came with me to my parents' house on Christmas day, and stayed until Saturday. I left on Sunday (caught a ride with Kristi). Scot and Alex came on Friday, and then all the Carr family cousins, aunts, and uncles rolled in. Everybody was there this year, which is the first time that's happened in MANY years. We are always generally missing one or the other for whatever reason.

We ate until we were stupid, the kids opened presents, we played the game where somebody reads a story and you pass around a little $1-$5 gift when the person says "left" or "right" in the story, we played pirate Christmas with $25 gift cards which turned out to be FUN. We had cards from Walmart, Visa, Game Stop, ITunes, Barnes and Noble, etc. Chalise beat me in Trivial Pursuit. We played Uno Attack and then about 15 rounds or so of Scattergories, ate again, and then the cousins all stayed up until way too late and Don threw us out (politely :) ) @ 10pm.

Saturday morning we did our Christmas with Mom, Dad, Scot, Alex, Jason and me. Sweet Loot was gained by all. Then all the cousins and aunts and uncles (except Aunt Frances & Uncle James - they went back to Jackson Friday) came back over for lunch.

It really made me think about making it a priority in 2009 to spend more time with BOTH sides of my family. It's something I really want to do.
More pics linked to the right >>>>>>>>>

No comments: