Friday, January 9, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Awwww! So sweet. Interesting concept as well. For some reason I had the impression that this was set "in the old days", but it isn't. It's set in present day. I don't know why I thought that other than that my general idea of time machines involve images of Jules Verne and convoluted machinery with lots of brass tubes, knobs, steam valves, and meters of various sorts. Which is a dumb image because Jules Verne didn't write "The Time Machine", that was H.G. Wells. And also this book doesn't have anything to do with a time machine.

Was there a movie one time that involved a time machine and Jules Verne? It doesn't seem that I would have just made that up in my head.

But anyway like I said, it's set in present-day. And the guy has chrono-displacement disorder. It's worth a read.

No comments: