Tuesday, June 15, 2010

K.E.S.




We Christened my brother's precious baby last weekend. I am more than honored to be this sweet girl's godmother. She wore my grandfather's Christening gown, which is 99 years old. Most of my Mom's side of the family wore it too. Pretty special.

It's been hard for me to write about her arrival, it's so emotional for me. Of course I think she is the most beautiful baby ever, but it's more than that too. It's seeing my brother be such an amazing father and being so proud of him that I could burst, seeing my sister-in-law in a whole new light and realizing even more what a beautiful person she is, watching my Mom with this baby and being amazed at the depth of that love, missing my Dad so much and being so sad that he missed this but knowing he is looking down at us all and smiling, and of course having even more emotion (confused ones as usual) about not having my own babies.

Losing my Dad and meeting this sweet new baby have made me cry and think and love in whole new ways, and that's a lot to handle in 4 short months. I have lots of emotional sorting to do, but in the meantime, I'm seizing time with my family, resetting my priorities, thinking more about the long-term, and taking every opportunity I can to hold this baby.


No comments: