Sunday, March 29, 2009

5 Second Rule

Yesterday Jason and I drove up to McComb to have lunch with my parents and visit. I wanted China Palace, of course. This is the best Chinese food in the world. Well when we got there, China Palace wasn't answering the phone so I ran inside the house to look up the number to make sure I was dialing it correctly.

And while I was standing at the counter I saw that they had an open bag of M&M's on the counter and because I love my parents and want them to be happy, I had to try one of the M&M's to make sure they were satisfactory for eating.

And I spilled some and one went on the floor.

And because my mother's floor is probably cleaner than anything in my whole house, I picked it up and ate it (ok ewwwww whatever. It was an M&M don't act like you wouldn't do the same thing.)

And that reminded me of a story my boss told me about his daughter's friend one time. The daughter and the friend were about 7 or 8 at the time, and the friend dropped something on the ground, declared "5 second rule! If it's been on the ground less than 5 seconds you can eat it!".

And my boss said "Where'd you hear that?" And the friend paused, and then said "I think it's in the bible."

No comments: