Friday, July 4, 2008

Waiting room chit-chat and a big book purchase

It was a family reunion in the hospital waiting room while my Dad underwent his hip replacement surgery. My Mom, my little brother, and I were there, of course. My Dad's sister and brother-in-law drove from Slidell. My Mom's sister who lives in Jackson was there, and my Mom's brother and sister-in-law drove up from McComb. The activities director from my parent's church also came up. Despite our general nervousness, we quickly fell to a discussion in which we could all participate -

Reading

I'm blessed to come from a family of voracious readers. We compared notes, and as a result I decided to pick up 5 books that I've been meaning to read. Late last week I went on Half.com and ordered them in audio format to put on my ipod.

No comments: